Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
We are looking for an outstanding CEO to take the organisation to the next stage of its development, and capitalise on opportunities for growth and innovation. You will have a demonstrable track record of achievement at Board level, preferably in an acute hospital setting Able to work strategically and operationally, you will be positive about making an impact on patient and staff experience.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King’s Lynn is an award winning NHS Foundation Trust providing acute healthcare services to a population of 250,000 covering West Norfolk, South Lincolnshire and parts of Cambridgeshire. The Board has an ambitious agenda and the determination to ensure that the Trust continues to provide excellent services and remains the preferred hospital for local people.
In this operational and strategic role, you will:
• Provide strong and visible strategic leadership to the organisation, ensuring that a culture of continuous improvement and service excellence is sustained
• Deliver high quality patient care and patient experience outcomes
• Drive the Trust’s future strategy, ensuring that the organisation is positioned effectively to develop services and cultivate opportunities for growth
• Work closely with board colleagues, clinicians, governors and external partners, raising the profile of the organisation and forging robust partnerships
• Inspire staff to develop the Trust’s local, regional and national
As a natural business leader, you will
• Bring extensive leadership experience at Chief Executive or senior Director level within an organisation of similar scale and complexity
• Excellent strategic and business planning skills, combined with the ability to lead and inspire clinical and non clinical teams to perform at the highest level
• Be politically and commercially astute with strategic vision and first class communication skills with the capability to influence a range of audiences
• Thorough understanding of the current NHS agenda and how that impacts on a Foundation Trust
• A visionary individual with outstanding personal impact, drive, enthusiasm, commitment and presence
To find out more, please click on the apply now button for a candidate brief containing application instructions, or contact Odgers Berndtson on 0207 529 3081, quoting the reference CAG/36419.
Closing date: Friday 9th September 2011.