Deputy Director of Corporate Affairs
Our client, a large NHS Trust, seeks to appoint a Deputy Director of Corporate Affairs. He/she will work closely with the Chief Executive to ensure that Trust business is managed as effectively as possible and will contribute to the corporate leadership of the Trust as a member for the Trust Management Team.
- Specifically the jobholder will be responsible in bedding down the Joint Board arrangements for Clustering;
- Supporting the authorization of Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) by supporting them to develop appropriate governance arrangements - there are 4 Clinical Commissioning Groups in the Cluster;
- Monitoring the Accountability Agreement between the Clinical Commissioning Groups and the PCT in the final year of transition;
- Facilitating closedown of the PCT in March 2013;
- Acting as the main link between the Trust and Governors supporting sub committees with advice and administrative backup and linking the work of sub committees and the Council;
- Advise the Governors and Board on any changes in legislation or guidance or NHS policy to which the bodies must respond and advise on the actions required;
- Representing the Trust with external bodies including the NHSLA, the Department of Health, the Strategic Health Authority and other Trusts;
- Establishing procedures to ensure that the Trust complies with all relevant statutory and constitutional requirements;
- Managing the Compliance Unit in the production of regulatory compliance reports for outside bodies and maintain the evidence databases for all these declarations;
- Preparation of responses to matters which may be unforeseen, urgent, highly complex, sensitive or even hostile in nature, such as media queries, complaints and investigations by scrutiny committees;
- Other key duties will include delivering best corporate governance practice, and ensuring that the Trust complies with all relevant legislation;
- Preserve proper records of business. Plan the Board and Council of Governors` annual business programme and agendas, identify and assign actions and tasks.
The successful candidate must possess PCT background and should have worked closely with Clinical Commissioning Groups and Cluster Groups.
For more information please contact Sajid Baloch on 0845 130 4006
To apply please send an email to email@example.com containing the job reference and your latest CV, with notes on your availability, and a cover note explaining why you are a suitable candidate for the role.