Infection Control Practitioner
An Infection Control Practitioner is sought by the Hamad Medical Corporation, Qatar , reporting to the Infection Control Supervisor.
To implement, promote and maintain an active infection control program through surveillance and investigative activities, consultation, education, policy development and research throughout the HMC.
• Collect, review, analyse and interpret surveillance data and recommend appropriate actions to clinicians and administrators targeted to reduce or eliminate infectious risks in patients and staff;
• Conduct investigations of outbreaks;
• Conduct activities related to exposure of patients and employees to communicable diseases;
• Develop, review, evaluate and implement infection control policies to improve quality of care;
• Develop review and maintain infection control manuals for HMC areas;
• Plan, develop and conduct in service education programs for HMC employees;
• Consult with department and administrative staff on infection control issues;
• Initiate and participated in quality improvement projects;
• Develop routine quality improvement reports;
• Perform other departmental duties as assigned.
This position will appeal to candidates with a clinical background with a minimum of 3 years experience gained in infection control.
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) is the largest employer and provider of healthcare in the Gulf region. It has five hospitals covering all specialities across the State of Qatar. HMC is reviewing its current acute facilities and expanding its services to include new hospitals for Cardiology, Paediatrics, Women, and Physical Rehabilitation. This will result in an additional 1,000 beds at the Hamad Medical City Campus. It has recently received re-accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI) and it is committed to maintaining a high level of quality throughout the organisation. English and Arabic are the official languages of the corporation, but Doha is home to people from over 80 cultures and language bases.
The post offers a generous tax free salary and remuneration package which includes accommodation, annual return flights and assistance with school fees.
In addition the post offers an opportunity to gain health experience abroad within one of the largest employers in the Gulf Region.
For more information please contact Neil Fineberg on 0845 130 4006
To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the job reference and your latest CV, with notes on your availability, and a cover note explaining why you are a suitable candidate for the role.