Head of Estates / Deputy Director of Facilities
Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust provides a full range of acute clinical services from the 40 acre site at Northampton General Hospital, as well as Danetre Hospital in Daventry. We are a designated cancer centre and have recently invested in a number of additional specialist services, including in-patient renal services and interventional cardiology. The Trust is currently progressing its Foundation Trust application.
We are now seeking to appoint a high calibre Estates professional to lead and develop the Estates team and provide valuable input into the Trust’s Estate Strategy and Capital Development programme.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities (an executive Board Member) you will:-
• Provide effective management and leadership to the in-house Estates team
• Provide expert technical advice for all matters relating to the Estates service, particularly in relation to M&E services
• Work closely with the Director to implement the Estates strategy and ensure the Trust is ready to respond to the recommendations of the current Acute Services Review .
• Ensure the Trust meets its statutory requirements with respect to the quality and safety of the Estate.
• Take an operational lead on the development and implementation of the Trust’s carbon Reduction and Sustainability plan.
The successful candidate is likely to:-
• Hold a Chartered level qualification in an engineering/property related discipline
• Have a proven track record of managing Estates services in an Acute Hospital setting
• Have a proven track record of managing significant capital projects
• Be an ambitious individual with the desire to become a Director of Estates and Facilities in the future.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Estates professional who wants to make an impact moving forward and the role has been re-banded to attract the best candidates in the market. For an informal discussion, for further information, or to apply for the role please contact Jonathan Phillips at Axon Resourcing, on either 01925 438094 or 07817 988490, or by email to email@example.com. Applications are by CV and covering letter, and should be sent to the same email address, or by post to Axon Resourcing Ltd, The White House, Wilderspool Park, Greenall’s Avenue, Stockton Heath, Cheshire WA4 6HL. Please quote the reference JP/5911/AXON on applications.
Closing date for applications is Monday April 30th 2012.