Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust is seeking to appoint an outstanding leader as the Trust’s new Chief Executive. As one of the largest providers of Acute and Specialist services in the South West we require an individual with a truly inspirational approach to leadership in order to motivate our workforce but also embody our core values of putting patients first, respecting others, taking ownership and being positive. With a turnover approaching £400m and employing over 6,000 staff and with Teaching Trust status, we are committed to driving forward our ambition to be one of the best performing healthcare organisations in the UK, delivering the highest quality in clinical care, outcomes and patient experience. We are confidently looking forward to achieving authorisation as a Foundation Trust by early 2013. As our new Chief Executive you will provide focus, ambition and vision in leading the Trust through a significant period of transformation, improvement and opportunity. You will oversee the development of a culture of excellence, engaging with our talented clinical staff and providing them with the autonomy and trust to constantly innovate and improve how care is delivered.
An empowering individual with the ability to lead sustainable and effective strategic and operational change, you will promote a positive culture which is sensitive yet confidently challenging and geared to delivering our commitments to patients and partners. You will focus on securing robust operational and financial performance and productive external relations with our Health, Social Care and academic partners as we continue to transform the way care is delivered to our population. For individuals with stature, ambassadorial skills and pace, this is an outstanding opportunity to lead a major national Teaching Trust through a period of significant change and development.
– To provide inspirational leadership and vision to a highly committed Executive team and to further develop the culture of our organisation, ensuring it remains committed to delivering excellent patient care within a framework of strong governance
– To support the Chairman and the Trust Board in creating a vision and setting strategic direction for the Trust
– Maintain the balance between strategic thinking and execution, ensuring that the Trust fulfils its statutory and legislative responsibilities
– To use your skills, insight and experience to support the Trust to fulfil its ambition to become a Foundation Trust Your Credentials
– A driven, inspirational and collaborative leader, able to command credibility at Board level and to constructively challenge and influence internal and external stakeholders – Outstanding strategic leadership skills and a demonstrable track record of managing delivery in a complex healthcare organisation
– Highly developed interpersonal skills for influencing change, managing complex situations and sustaining engagement
– A track record in achieving continual performance improvement within a highly professional clinical and managerial workforce and an ability to drive motivation and culture change within complex organisational structures
For a confidential discussion please contact Frank McKenna, Group Director of Healthcare on +44 (0)20 7333 1516 or Chris Davies, Associate Director of Healthcare on +44 (0)20 7333 1555.
To apply please click on the "Apply Now" button or write to Harvey Nash plc, 13 Bruton Street, London, W1J 6QA quoting reference number HN6387HSJ.
Closing date is 5pm Friday 18th May 2012.