This job is no longer available
The overall remit will be:
- To facilitate the coordination of activities of the diabetes network and constituent organisations in the planning development and provision of diabetes services across the regions.
- To ensure that improvements in diabetes services are developed, maintained and communicated across the network.
- To work with commissioning forums to develop improvements and help write grant applications to fund future service delivery of diabetes services
Communication and Network Facilitation
- Develop and implement effective communication systems across professional and organisational boundaries within the network.
- To work with Lead Clinician to establish formal clinical links with primary, secondary and tertiary care managers, commissioners and clinicians to develop care pathways, standards of care and service improvement strategies.
- To regularly visit services / sites within the network gathering network specific data
- To participate in the development of effective patient involvement and information processes across the network.
- To participate engagement involving the public and patients in developing services for children with diabetes.
- To work with the Lead Clinician to develop a strategy to ensure effective communication within the network acting as a focal point for communications regarding developments for diabetes services across the two SHA regions
Management and Leadership
- With the Lead Clinician develop training and education programmes for clinicians working with people with diabetes across all the regions.
- Manage own time effectively to ensure priorities are supported and timescales for service development are met.
- In conjunction with the Lead Clinician ensure effective governance and accountability strategies are developed for the diabetes network supporting the development of clear terms of reference for the network board.
- Assist the Lead Clinician in planning and effectively managing network board meetings to ensure key stakeholders are kept up to date with developments and service priorities.
- Attending network related meetings as required, taking and transcribing minutes, notes, action notes and process maps; distributing all paperwork prior to and post meetings in a timely manner, monitoring and follow-up of various actions arising out of the minutes.
Network Development and Service Improvement
- In conjunction with clinical teams develop the wide care pathways for the management of children 0-16 and transition of patients from Children`s Services to Adult Services requiring diabetes services
- Work with clinicians to undertake a gap analysis of services across the regions against the care pathways developed to identify areas for service improvement and development.
- With the clinical teams develop standards for the management of children and young people with diabetes.
- Keep up to date with National policy in the context of children`s and diabetes and ensure any development reflects national directives.
- Understand the complex service requirements to support and facilitate any business case proposals required for the development and improvement of services throughout the regions.
- In conjunction with Operations Manager identify and plan for developments required in diabetes provision including financial and business planning.
Candidates MUST possess the relevant background of coordination of networks, e.g. Diabetes, Cancer, etc.
For more information please contact Sajid Baloch on 0845 130 4006
To apply please send an email to email@example.com containing the job reference and your latest CV, with notes on your availability, and a cover note explaining why you are a suitable candidate for the role.