Interim Senior Asbestos Consultant
A large organisation is currently seeking a very capable individual to work within their Estates Directorate supporting Senior Management Asbestos planning for the organisation as a whole.
- A subject matter expert in Asbestos, understanding of Surveying, Analytics, Technical knowledge, Quality and Compliance surrounding this specialism and Training which is required and recommending within this area of expertise;
- Understanding of asbestos 4 stage clearances, smoke, background, leak reassurance, visual, re-occupation and personal air testing;
- Conducting Management & Refurbishment/Demolition/surveys on various property portfolio;
- Overseeing asbestos contractors on site and ensuring that they carry out the work in accordance with the Health and Safety legislation with regards to asbestos;
- Collating and writing accurate reports as and when required;
- Maintaining and assisting quality control and data in an appropriate and accurate way - complying with the organisation's quality systems;
- Ability to negotiate and influence at Executive level, especially around high risk issue translating this information to non-specialists;
- Qualifications related to Asbestos examples being;
- P401 – Identification of Asbestos in Bulk Samples;
- P402 - Building Surveys and Bulk Sampling for Asbestos;
- P403 - Asbestos Fibre Counting;
- P404 - Air sampling of asbestos and MMMF and requirements for a certificate of reoccupation following clear;
- P405 - Management of Asbestos in Buildings;
- S301 - Asbestos and Other Fibres.
- Excellent proven track record of Project Management related to the information given above.