Senior Commercial Manager
To create and implement strategic and operational commercial interventions within the public healthcare sector to meet the needs of our clients. To support the development of Attain’s commercial portfolio and internal commercial capability.
- Work in partnership with Health and Care Systems (including CCGs and Providers) providing commercial advice and insight
- Lead or support clients on preparing for and implementing new commissioning models including Accountable Care, differing delivery vehicles (e.g. joint ventures, alliancing), Outcome Based and Capitated Contracts
- Develop commercial strategies and business cases to inform new ways of working, with a system wide perspective
- Provide commercial rigour to underpin decisions on the most effective route to market, including collaborative or competitive options (such as procurement)
- Work flexibly and adapting to support customers to meet their local challenges
- Work in partnership with clients and service users to co-produce meaningful outcome measures and local KPIs
- Develop robust contracts and governance for effective performance management
- Develop new payment methodologies and providing advice around the development of capitation models
- Effectively define, deliver and measure value for money and improvement of care, via delivery of Quality Innovation Productivity and Prevention (QIPP) and Cost Improvement Plan (CIP) schemes.
Knowledge and experience:
- A proven track record of health or social care gained in either a provider or commissioning setting health and care providers, local authorities or their partners (social care, private sector, voluntary sector).
- A track record of supporting and delivering commercial redesign and improvement through the effective management of contract mechanisms
- A clear understanding of the NHS and how services are commissioned & provided
- Experience of supporting or leading commercial functions (e.g. procurement, contract & performance management)
- Understanding of, or experience of, development and implementation of new commissioning models including, Accountable Care, differing delivery vehicles (e.g. joint ventures, alliancing), Outcome Based and Capitated Contracts
- Experience of implementing different payment models
- Experience of development and implementation of commercial strategies and plans
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to effectively challenge across all levels, and experience of working effectively with stakeholders (inc. clinicians, health and care professionals)
- Proven analytical skills
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- A successful track record of project management and programme management
Working for Attain
We work in a variety of locations all over England and have to be flexible with regards to travel and working away from home on a regular basis (on average, 3 nights away per week) in response to customer requirements.
We expect our staff to take ownership and deliver tangible results and we offer support, learning opportunities and great teams to work with to give you every opportunity to succeed.
Above all, we get to work alongside experienced colleagues from a clinical, NHS, and private sector consultancy background to make a real difference to outcomes across health and/or social care.
Apply for Senior Commercial Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly