Head of Practice Development
Harvey Nash is partnering on a retained basis with one of the leading specialist care providers in the UK, providing treatment in the areas of Mental Health and Addictions, Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS), Learning Disabilities and Children Specialist Services. Our client is seeking a dynamic individual to lead on professional development, linking in with lead nurses at hospital sites across the country, reporting to the Group Director of Nursing and Assurance.
The post-holder will act as the lead for practice development, embedding core competencies, Preceptorship, revalidation, oversight of supervision and be a point of contact for individual support for senior nurses.
• Demonstrate clinical expertise and credibility in practice.
• To provide a direct link with universities to support learners on placements.
• To work within the clinical areas supporting staff to meet identified learning needs and competencies. In particular to work with lead nurse at sites.
• To contribute to an environment in which effective practice is fostered, implemented, evaluated and disseminated through a range of approaches and encourage and foster a culture which supports learning from adverse or untoward incidents and provide relevant training and support.
• To assess, review and give constructive feedback about clinical skills and competencies of staff and embed clinical practice locally through use of policies, guidelines and procedures.
• To provide ‘hands-on’ supervision of staff in clinical practice to promote the acquisition of new skills and knowledge.
• To keep own clinical skills current.
• To establish and maintain effective working relations with all members of the MDT to promote good communication and develop teaching programmes for all grades of nursing staff.
• To lead the creation of a clinical environment and working practices that encourage practice development.
• To lead research developments and revised guidelines, including implementing work projects, for the delivery of Health and Social Care to ensure best practice and continuous service improvement.
• To be an effective mentor and preceptor and support staff in performing their role.
• To ensure staff attend mandatory training and receive continuing education and develop and maintain accurate training records and produce reports as required.
• To support staff to achieve a portfolio of competency based skills that reflect the needs of the clinical area.
• To support the development of a company-wide nurse’s forum/steering group to share best practice and enable peer support.
• To participate in formal and informal teaching and training for organisational wide developments.
• Liaise effectively with external bodies as necessary such as the NMC, RCN and key university links.
Requirements and Benefits
An ideal candidate will:-
• Be a Registered Nurse and be educated to degree level.
• Hold a recognised speciality course or equivalent mentorship course.
• Have recent experience of practice development and recent experience of working in a senior nurse role.
• Have demonstrable experience in managing, co-ordinating, delivering and evaluating teaching programmes and be skilled in delivering training to staff on an individual and group basis.
• Have the ability to assess practice and give constructive feedback.
• Have the ability to apply research to practice and follow policies and guidelines.
• Plan and manage own workload and remain flexible and adaptable under pressure.
This position will work remotely from home however the post holder will be assigned sites within a geographical area, therefore regular and frequent travel will be required.
Our client provides a variety of competitive benefits, including free life cover, contributory pension scheme, employee discount scheme and employee assistance programme. The post holder will also receive a car allowance.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care, please apply for a confidential discussion.
Apply for Head of Practice Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly