CHC - Children's Assessor - Interim
Harvey Nash have partnered with a Midlands based CCG on an exclusive basis to identify an Interim Children’s Nurse Assessor for a 6 month contract.
The successful applicant will use the Children’s Continuing Healthcare Framework to assess the health needs of Children and young people referred to Continuing health care across the local health economy.
The post holder will work across a range of services including those encompassed within the CCG, those within the Local Authority, placement and special educational needs services, local respite services and Hospitals and aim to provide value for money for the NHS through practical, child centred packages delivered within or as close to home as possible.
Using the assessment outcome, the post holder will work in partnership with case managers to identify and facilitate the provision of evidence based health care packages for individuals presenting with complex health presentations.
- You will be an experienced clinician (RGN, RMN, RNLD or Social Worker)
- Able to work autonomously within partner organisations at all times recognising and functioning within professional and organisational codes of practice.
- Use to working with Children and families to support the assessment and review process for CHC
- Experience of conducting comprehensive assessments and reviews so that eligibility for CHC and/or joint Funded Nursing Care (FNC) can be determined.
- Track record of working closely with CHC Nurse Managers, Commissioning Leads, and Children’s Community Nursing Teams as well as with CHC administrative staff who support these processes.
- Experience communicating and develop strong links with clinical services staff across Commissioning organisations, as well as with colleagues from external organisation such as social services, mental health trusts, other CCGs, acute trusts, independent contractors and private care homes / providers
- Comfortable receiving complex, sensitive information, communicating financial decisions to members of the public and using interpersonal skills to overcome barriers to acceptance where there may be antagonism/disagreeement
- You will be a strong communicator as this role will involve regular contact by telephone, face-to-face meetings, written and electronic communication both internally and externally
- The role is subject to the off-payroll legislation for the Public Sector and has been determined as Inside IR35. The successful applicant will therefore be required to use an Umbrella service for this contract.
- Remote working available on this contract as some of the duties of the role can be conducted away from the CCG (typing up reports, making calls, booking appointments etc.) >
- 6 month contract with a competitive day rate dependant on experience
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care, please apply for a confidential discussion
Apply for CHC - Children's Assessor - Interim
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly