Data Warehouse Manager
A leading NHS organisation is looking to appoint a Data Warehouse Manager to join their growing IT team.
- Act as the lead within the ICT department in extraction, transformation and loading of data into the data warehouse, and in supporting, developing and maintaining reporting structures within the Trust;
- Planning for, and assuring, how data to support reporting will be affected as a result of major upgrades or developments to Trust systems;
- Ensuring that information held on the Trust’s information systems is of the highest possible standard (accurate, consistent and timely) is crucial for legal, operational, clinical, patient safety and contractual purposes. Assuring high-quality data for analysis is also vital to good decision-making in the organisation;
- Involved in working with other to plan for assuring data migration, extraction and/or loading for reporting as a result of scheduled EPR & other system developments;
- Responsible for keeping abreast of current technology and make recommendations for improvements to Senior Management, covering both software and hardware;
- Maintain relations with the suppliers of current systems and any new suppliers that R&A begin to work with;
- Liaise as necessary with representatives from source systems to identify any issues affecting data, and manage responses and escalation processes;
- Developing self-service reports used across the organisation as part of the delivery of the ICT Strategy;
- Supporting managers and clinicians in their use and interpretation of information and promoting a culture of effective use of information;
- Providing line management to any Database Developer posts within the wider team.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Project Management Qualification (e.g. PRINCE2), also IT or system management qualification or relevant experience;
- Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of Data Warehousing techniques, acquired through specialist training;
- Demonstrable experience of developing strategies, implementation plans and identification of resource requirements;
- Significant experience in database systems development and management including back-up and disaster recovery procedures, design tools and user support;
- Experience of NHS data and the NHS Data Dictionary;
- Extensive knowledge of the full SQL Server BI stack, including SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and T-SQL.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder Head of Healthcare on 0161 241 9674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note a full CV will be required and possible cover letter for application process.