Designated Nurse for Safeguarding Adults
I am recruiting for an interim 8b Designated Nurse for Safeguarding Adults.
- Incorporate the PREVENT lead and LeDeR lead and take a strategic professional lead on all aspects of the health service contribution to safeguarding adults;
- Provide support to service providers and supporting named and designated safeguarding adult health professionals, local authority services, Local Safeguarding Adult Boards and NHS England;
- Promote best practice and multi-agency working across all levels of the health economy in the area with a view to ensuring that organisations within the health community meet their responsibilities to safeguard, protect and promote the welfare of adults with care and support;
- Reviewing practice and health service safeguarding arrangements following serious safeguarding incidents or serious case reviews, in collaboration with the LSAB as appropriate;
- Provide expert safeguarding health advice and partner organisations, including provider services. With respect to safeguarding adults, this will include clinical advice, practice and policy guidance, and leading on setting standards for, and monitoring of, commissioned services;
- Advise on training needs and the delivery of safeguarding training for health staff and play an active part in the planning and delivery of interagency training through the LSAB;
- Develop, facilitate, deliver and evaluate a range of theoretical and practical safeguarding adult training programmes to meet the needs of all grades of staff in contracted services and commissioned services;
- Qualified nurse with current NMC registration;
- Significant experience of safeguarding adults in an NHS organisation;
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills to balance a range of tasks and responsibilities;
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills developing and maintaining effective and appropriate communication networks with health and social care colleagues is required along with the ability to interpret national and regional guidance relating to the Safeguarding Adults / PREVENT agendas.