Senior Nurse Manager - Critical Care
7 days left
- Job Type
Harvey Nash Healthcare are partnering with one of the largest private hospitals in the UK to identify a Senior Nurse Manager to become their new Head of Critical Care & Renal Services
Our client are a global healthcare business who run one of the largest private hospitals in the UK, providing the highest standard of clinical expertise and nursing care. By offering the latest technology combined with state-of-the-art hospital facilities, they attract world-leading doctors and surgeons from London’s leading NHS teaching hospitals.
Located in a central and convenient part of London the client are internationally renowned for medical excellence and as such the successful applicant will be a true expert in Critical Care. Accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer this is a business critical role with full responsibility and accountability for large ITU & Renal Unit.
- The Senior Nurse Manager provides clinical and professional leadership to the departmental team;
- They are responsible and accountable for practice within the clinical area and for delivering a quality service to all stakeholders
- They are responsible for identifying areas for development and implementing and evaluating change using current research, audit and experience.
- They are required to manage the department within an agreed budget including complying with the workforce planning objectives whilst developing the business appropriately;
- They have overall responsibility for the patient environment within the department and are required to work in close partnership with hotel services and all other members of the facilities team
- To be a highly visible leader and role model to all nurses within the team;
- To investigate incidents and complaints thoroughly, enabling the CEO/CNO to respond within the agreed timeframe;
- To deputise for or represent the CNO and or Deputy when necessary;
- To be responsible for managing the department within an agreed annual budget including working hours and units of service, maximizing revenue recapture and cost control;
- To devise and implement an annual service plan for the department that is clearly linked to the hospital business plan;
- To demonstrate excellent clinical practice at all times and to be professionally accountable for own practice as evidenced by the clinical competency framework and in accordance NMC guidelines;
- To lead all nurses in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care;
- To be responsible for the multidisciplinary team to ensure optimum care is delivered to the patient;
Practice Development and Education
- To be responsible for initiating, developing and promoting evidence based practice within the clinical area;
- To keep up to date with current best practice within own clinical area;
- To support all staff to maintain and develop their skills in compliance with an annual Learning & Development Plan;
- To ensure representation from their department at the Clinical Practice Development Group and the Education Lead Nurse Forum and any other forum pertinent to the clinical area.
First level registration at Diploma or Degree level;
- 5 years post registration experience, 2 of which will have been at Senior Sister or Matron level or equivalent in relevant clinical speciality;
- Post basic qualification in clinical speciality relevant to practice area;
- In possession of or working towards first level degree;
- Teaching and Assessing qualification;
- Mentorship qualification;
- A management qualification is desirable.
The above job description is not exhaustive and the post holder may from time to time be asked to carry out other duties by the CNO and his/her deputies.
If you are interested in hearing more about this role then please don’t hesitate to contact Sam Alsop-Hall in the first instance on 01217171908
We are able to provide a further written job description, person specification and further insight about this client upon application.
Apply for Senior Nurse Manager - Critical Care
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly