Our client an NHS organisation in the East of the UK is seeking to appoint a Lead Pharmacist for an interim period. The contract will be for 3 months in the first instance and would be an ASAP start. The rates would be under the CCS NMNC Framework at Band 8a.
- To work as part of the multidisciplinary antimicrobial stewardship team within the trust to deliver the antimicrobial stewardship strategy
- To help reduce development of resistance by promoting stewardship ideals and reducing inappropriate consumption of antimicrobials.
- To support the consultant microbiologists and infection control team in developing a trust wide culture that reduces hospital acquired infection and supports prudent use of antimicrobials.
- Plan and undertake or support others in the trust to undertake clinical audit relating to antimicrobial use, deliver and undertake training relating to use of antimicrobials.
- Provide leadership and a specialist clinical pharmacy service to a defined clinical specialty. Provide clinical support as a senior Pharmacist to the dispensary team.
- Current registrations with the General Pharmaceutical Society
- Master’s Degree in Pharmacy (or equivalent experience)
- Post graduate clinical diploma
- In-depth experience working post registration within a hospital pharmacy
- Extensive Clinical Pharmacy experience