Director of Hospitals
Why you should join us in the Isle of Man...
- Modern well-equipped hospital
- Free on site car parking at both Noble’s and Ramsey Hospital
- Competitive annual leave entitlement plus 11 Public Holidays
- Attractive relocation package with advice and support on relocation to the Isle of Man
- Relaxed way of life, friendly people and low crime rates
- Enjoy an outdoor lifestyle - walking, diving, sailing, mountain biking and great beaches
- Over 100 flights a week to London, Dublin and regional airports
- Short commutes with no traffic jams!
- Great environment to raise a family with high standards of pupil behaviour and an extensive range of extracurricular activities
- Low income tax rates, maximum rate is 20%
We are looking to appoint a Director of Hospitals to work within the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) on the Isle of Man.
The Isle of Man has a population of approximately 83,000 residents but on at least four weeks of the year the island experiences a significant influx of visitors whom attend the Island’s TT and Festival of Motor Sports each year. Noble’s Hospital is an acute district general hospital located in Douglas and Ramsey Cottage Hospital is located in the north. Approximately 1,300 colleagues work across the two hospital sites. Services include Emergency Department, Maternity Unit Obstetrics and Neonatal, a range of unscheduled and elective activity from Surgical and Medical specialists for people of all ages at secondary care level. A significant off island tertiary care budget is a key responsibility of this role, as specialist treatment is a necessary provision for a proportion of our residents from various NHS Trusts in the UK.
This post contributes to all of the key themes of the DHSC Strategy 2016-2021, with a particular focus on improving hospital services for people who need care in a hospital setting; yet actively facilitating people generally to stay well in their own homes and communities, avoiding hospital admission whenever possible. Ensuring that people receive good value health and social care is foundation for the strategy overall.
The post holder has lead responsibility for the effective management, efficient and economical delivery of Hospital service’s (including management and organisational) guided by policies and standards as lay down by the Department of Health and Social Care. The post holder will be a Director of the DHSC Board; will be required to contribute to a monthly Ministerial Department meeting, and to Chair meetings of the Hospital Senior Management Team.
Informal discussion is welcomed prior to application with Michaela Morris, Executive Director Health and Care, Deputy CEO Department of Health & Social Care on 01624 650050.
For further information about living in the Isle of Man and the Island’s lifestyle visit www.locate.im
For more information about the post, please click the apply button to visit our jobs website and where you can search for the post using the reference number indicated above. You will also find the full job description and the ability to apply online here.
The closing date for applications is 24th September 2017