Interim Head of Corporate Affairs
An NHS Trust is seeking a high calibre Interim Head of Corporate Affairs to act as their Trust Secretary and also lead on all Corporate Governance for the Trust. You will be responsible for the day to day management of the Corporate Governance function and also play a key role in integrating their corporate governance with the STP.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Acting as the principal advisor to the Chief Executive, Chair and Board of Directors on all issues relating to corporate governance
- Ensuring the effective running of the Board of Directors, Council of Governors and supporting Boards and Committees and provision of effective secretarial services
- Overseeing the provision of assurance for regulators on compliance matters
- Contributing to the formulation of strategy, policy and the delivery of corporate and statutory objectives and attending all Board and Executive
- Lead on the design, development and implementation of the Board Assurance Framework, ensuring the Board, stakeholders and the public receive assurance on the achievement of organisational objectives
- Ensure the appropriate coordination of internal and external assurance activities carried out by Trust staff and NHS auditors, inspectors and regulators
- Work with the Chief Executive and Executive Director of Finance to ensure the statutory annual returns, including the annual accounts and annual report, are prepared and presented to the Regulator and laid before Parliament
As the Head of Corporate Affairs will you will need to have previous experience in the above areas for a NHS provider, have operated at board level and be available in the next couple of weeks to start an assignment.