Ward Manager Elderly Care
Finegreen are delighted to be working on behalf of a large NHS organisation based in London in the appointment of an interim Ward Manager with expertise in an Elderly Care setting whilst the organisation recruits to their growing team.
- Responsible for all aspects of patient care including the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of direct patient care;
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the Quality & Safety boards and daily monitoring of planned vs actual staffing levels;
- Responsible for the supervision and development of all staff including student nurses and support workers, providing support, advice and training;
- Effectively manage the ward resources, i.e. pay and non-pay budget, human resources, the clinical environment and inclusive of beds where appropriate;
- Act as an effective role model and mentor promoting excellence through practice;
- Act up for the Matron when necessary;
- Demonstrate clinical expertise in practice for at least 80% of time in own clinical area;
- Provide expert advice and support for all patients and their carer(s) / loved ones, receiving treatment;
- To implement change(s) following review of patient surveys and action plan in order to improve the service as necessary;
- Attend divisional patient experience meetings as required to contribute to improving the service.
- Registration as RGN, current registration to the NMC;
- Evidence of teaching junior members of staff & assessing students in practice;
- Proven experience of monitoring & acting on nursing quality data & developing appropriate action plans;
- Knowledge of clinical governance issues e.g. handling complaints, clinical risk management;
- Experience within Elderly Care;
- Ability to motivate staff and improve individuals and team performance.