A large NHS organisation is currently seeking an interim A&E Matron to support the current team for a period of 3 months initially.
- Provide expert professional leadership, informed, objective and pragmatic nursing advice to the ward team and the Divisional senior team, ensuring there are robust systems and monitoring in place to support all matters relating to patient care and experience;
- Responsible for supporting the management of Flow/capacity across their clinical area supporting the trust to open extra capacity as required to maintain safe clinical pathways;
- Provide professional leadership and a management approach that contributes to creating a climate for achieving excellence in nursing practice, skills and competencies using the values of the 6Cs;
- Ensure that there are systems in place to monitor local practice standards and comply with regulatory frameworks by ensuring that nurses practice in accordance with NMC standards and guidelines;
- Support new service models working with key stakeholders in preparing and developing new nursing and midwifery roles paying particular focus on ensuring nursing outcomes can be measured.
A successful candidate will have:
- Substantial NHS experience in an acute environment, demonstrable achievements in improving patient care, being forward thinking and innovative;
- Have an in-depth understanding of nursing and midwifery policy and it’s implications for the workforce and future health care delivery;
- Registered nurse, current registration with the NMC;
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 or email me directly via this job advertisement.