Interim Infection Prevention and Control Lead
A large NHS organisation is currently seeking an interim IPC Nurse to support the current team for a period of 2 months initially.
- Hold experience as an infection prevention and control leader who is able to act on their own initiative, also work well as part of the wider team;
- Manage the strategic direction, operational performance, quality, care and compassion of services related to IPC;
- Ability to function at a senior level within the organisation, proactively leading and providing solutions to resolve complex issues, in accordance with professional standards, agreed Trust objectives, targets and quality standards;
- Provide leadership for delivery of the IPC agenda, and management of infection prevention to ensure the prevention, surveillance and control of healthcare related infection in the Trust, and the attainment of key Trust performance targets relating to Infection Prevention and Control;
- Ensure that systems and processes are in place to comply with relevant legislation and governance requirements, linking with professional bodies, and others such as commissioners about service developments, contracts and clinical care pathways whilst utilising the expertise and skills of the wider team;
- Support the development of the long term Infection Prevention & Control Strategies and Annual Infection Prevention & Control Programme.
- Relevant qualification/related experience in Infection Prevention and Control (or in the process), e.g. ENB329, Diploma/Degree in Infection Prevention and Control/Microbiology;
- Well-developed senior experience in infection prevention and control including proven staff management experience with the ability to motivate, lead and develop staff;
- NMC Registration.