General Manager Emergency Medicine
A leading NHS organisation is looking to appoint an Interim General Manager within the Emergency Medicine Directorate whilst they recruit to the substantive post.
- This is a senior position within the directorate, as the General Manager in Medicine Directorate you will be responsible for a clinical specialities within the Directorate;
- Required to deliver all targets and KPIs associated with the specialities and provide senior leadership within the areas;
- Support the SMT within the organisation on delivering service improvement and current development projects;
- Provide operational management to the directorate to ensure that activity and financial targets are met;
- Introduce improved patient pathway initiatives as part of their service improvement role, liaising closely with consultant medical staff and senior nurses;
- Ensure that the directorate delivers safe and effective clinical care, which is underpinned by robust management processes and will require regular interaction with patient-facing staff;
- Monitor national performance targets specific to ED to ensure they are achieved, e.g. 4 hour target, flow, and ensure corrective action is taken when necessary;
- Create, develop and compile reports to inform the SMT of the directorate’s activity and performance;
- Effectively manage data/information to ensure national and local targets are met; this will involve the receiving, interpretation and provision of highly complex, highly sensitive or highly contentious information.
- Require extensive influencing and negotiating skills;
- Extensive experience of demand and capacity and activity planning;
- Project management experience with evidence of delivering results with A&E trajectories;