A NHS organisation based in the North West of England is currently looking for a Maintenance Manager for an initial period of 3 months.
- Ensuring that planned and reactive maintenance work is completed within designated time spans and meets current legislative requirements. Ensuring that lasting records of work carried out are maintained;
- Planning and implementing planned preventative maintenance programmes for all areas of the hospital including patient sensitive areas;
- Instigation and developing a strategic H&S plan for the control of contractors. This is in conjunction with external H&S Professional i.e. HSE;
- Producing reports for backlog maintenance, site infrastructure upgrades to take into account long term growth and progressive plant degradation from which recommendations are formulated;
- Presenting complex contingency plans to all levels of the Trust prior to the commencement of major changes to service infrastructures or in the event of service failure;
- Raising purchase orders for materials, goods and services to ensure the timely, cost effective, completion of work orders;
- Acting as competent / authorised or test person within areas of specialised knowledge maintaining this knowledge through regular refresher training. Also using appropriate specialist test and calibration equipment as is necessary to obtain results and achieve required performances from these services. Examples include: HV electrical systems, ventilation systems, medical gas systems and sterilisers;
- Arranging service interruptions, in conjunction with other clinical and non-clinical departments within the Trust, ensuring all contingencies have been identified and covered, supported by risk assessments, method statements and appropriate permit to work systems;
- Undertaking surveys of buildings & building services in order to identify and evaluate problems. Producing reports (for backlog maintenance list) with recommendations and costed strategies for resolving the identified problems;
- Ensures compliance with all relevant statutory legislation, and good practice as applicable to the services managed.
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Building related subject or HNC, with relevant experience, together with appropriate extensive experience of man management, contract administration or project management.
- Computer literate with good keyboard skills. Capable of using a variety of computer software for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, planning tools, building management systems and autocad.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, reports and technical literature, within area of specialty, as and when required.
Apply for Maintenance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly