Registered Hospital Manager
Harvey Nash has partnered with one of the leading specialist care providers in the UK on a retained basis who provide treatment and care covering Mental Health services for young people and adults, Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Learning Disabilities and Children Specialist Services. We are currently looking for a Registered Hospital Manager to have overall responsibility for the clinical management and development of services on a 24 hour basis in The East Midlands. The Manager is responsible for the efficient deployment of resources used within the unit and will be registered with the Care Quality Commission or Care Inspectorate as the Registered Manager for the unit.
As Registered Hospital Manager you will manage and supervise the Ward managers, Deputy / Team Leaders (as applicable), ensuring that appropriate management arrangements are in place at the unit at all times, and including out of hours on-call cover.
We seek applications from interested parties who would like the opportunity to manage an established service providing rehabilitation for people who have conditions such as acquired or traumatic brain injury, Huntington’s disease, multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease and spinal injury. The hospital has around 70 beds, with a warm and welcoming atmosphere and my client encourage patients to be as independent as possible whilst providing the best support.
As the Registered Hospital Manager your main duties will be:-
- To manage and supervise the Deputy / Team Leaders, ensuring that appropriate management arrangements are in place at the unit at all times
- To be responsible for ensuring that all nursing and care standards, regulatory standards, and other quality measurement criteria are met
- To be responsible for ensuring that robust Local Integrated Governance arrangements are in place, and that the Quality & Performance Management System is maintained to a high standard
- To be responsible for the overall recruitment, supervision and management of all staff on a day to day basis
- To be responsible for ensuring that the induction training, in-house training and supervision provided to all staff is conducive to providing an environment that is caring, healthy, safe and therapeutic
- To ensure that the buildings, gardens, furnishings, fabric and equipment are maintained to acceptable standards
- To be responsible for the day to day control of designated budgets and be responsible for meeting or exceeding the financial targets set by the organisation
- To be responsible for attaining and maintaining full bed occupancy
- To ensure that all patients / service users are safeguarded at all times
- To ensure that all patients / service users are subject to initial and ongoing assessments to determine their individual needs
- To ensure that regular reviews are held for each patient / service user, in accordance with the placing authority's wishes
- Taking an active part in organising training for all staff within the unit and participate in and conduct training as necessary
- Directing and supervising the relevant administrator in all aspects of service user finances, petty cash system and other financial records, as per company policies
- To ensure a robust complaints system is maintained
- Ensuring that professional working relationships are established and maintained with patients / service users, their relatives/advocates, colleagues and other professionals
To join our Client as a Registered Hospital Manager you will:-
- Hold either a RGN, RMN or RNLD Qualification
- Have experience within a Acquired Brain Injury setting
- Have knowledge of legislation concerned with care provision
- Be able to provide evidence of continuing professional development
- Be in possession of a leadership/management qualification
- Have demonstrable experience of working in a mental health setting
- Have knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act (2005)
- Have demonstrable experience of safeguarding procedures
- Have demonstrable experience of enhancing care through evidence based knowledge
- Have excellent communication and time management skills
- Have the ability to display empathy and understanding
- Be able to co-ordinate and monitor the use of resources/budget
- Have the ability to work shifts and weekends.
My client provides a variety of competitive benefits, including a market leading salary, free life cover, contributory pension scheme, employee discount scheme and employee assistance programmes. If you have the skills to succeed in this role and you’re committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now or contact Rajeda Rahmen at Harvey Nash on 0121 717 1966 – we are able to provide a full job specification to interested parties.