PMO Manager CIP scheme
A large NHS organisation is currently looking to appoint a Band 8a PMO Manager to primarily focus on the various CIP schemes set up within this organisation.
- This post plays a key management role in the Programme Management Office (PMO), taking ownership to drive delivery of improvement schemes across the Trust and in specific areas.
- The PMO plays a central role to support and drive the delivery of financial and quality benefits across the Trust and within specific Divisional and Corporate areas and in the development and implementation of new efficiency plan;
- Demonstrable knowledge of techniques and tools for planning, monitoring and reporting progress against programmes and for managing delivery of programmes of varying size.
- A good level of financial understanding, including an understanding of budget reduction versus reduction of overspends and knowledge of financial management and reporting. A strong knowledge of NHS financial management, reporting and procedures would be desirable.
- An appreciation for how benchmarking can be used to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Broad knowledge of the delivery and governance of health services and the challenges they face. It would be desirable to have an understanding of the current environment in which the Trust operates likely future developments, its role in providing healthcare to the community, and the challenging agenda for improving public services.
- Knowledge of governance structures and how their hierarchy integrates to support the delivery of a large programme of work.
- PRINCE2, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) or equivalent qualification;
- Programme and project management in a large complex organisation and working across teams and organisational boundaries to ensure patient (customer), staff, quality, financial and efficiency benefits are defined and delivered.