Head of Learning and Development
- The Head of Learning and Development will work as a key member of the Organisational Development and Learning Team and will be accountable for the organisational analysis of postgraduate and other medical and clinical educational needs and delivering them effectively and efficiently through a strategic training needs analysis and evaluation process;
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team, Medical and Professional Leads as a senior clinical learning and mandatory training advisor to ensure that the funding for medical and clinical education and continuing professional development is wisely invested to improve outcomes for service users across the Trust;
- Strategically support the workforce planning process in line with the Trust Strategy and Talent Management Strategy and be key in the development of the culture and capabilities within the organisation;
- Responsible for allocating resources of the Learning and Development team and directly manage staff as applicable;
- Hold responsibility of commissioning external contractors as required and management of their contracts and service level agreements;
- Accountable for the postgraduate and CPD funding allocation from external sources and the internal clinical professional training budget including study leave;
- Required to communicate and present highly complex information and report about projects and develop recommendations and strategies to senior stakeholders;
- Highly specialist knowledge in education across different professional groups;
- Substantial experience in organising, evaluating and developing education management;
- Specialist knowledge of individual, professional and organisational development and their application in the NHS.
For further information on this role please contact Richard Haggarty on 0161 2419675 or email your CV via this advert/application process.
successful candidate will have:
Highly specialist knowledge in education across different professional groups;
Substantial experience in organising, evaluating and developing education management;
Specialist knowledge of individual, professional and organisational development and their application in the NHS.