Head of Integrated Urgent Care Services
Veredus is currently working with a leading healthcare organisation who require a Permanent Head of Integrated Urgent Care Services. The purpose of this role is to be responsible and accountable for the mobilisation, operational and clinical delivery of 111, Urgent Care and Primary Care Services across the region. We are seeking motivated and committed individuals who are looking to work within in a dynamic and forward thinking organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ultimate responsibility for the day to day management of the Integrated Service including the call centre and regional bases and ensuring quality standards and targets are met whilst ensuring the delivery is within set budgets
- Assist the Executive Management Team in supporting the strategic direction and delivery of the organisations strategy
- Leading the local operations and clinical management team to ensure the organisation provides a high quality, patient focussed service for commissioners whilst meeting the Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements.
- Accountable for service delivery ensuring processes and systems are performance managed to meet the needs of the Board and our Commissioners and Stakeholders.
- To manage the mobilisation of all new services and changes to service whilst ensuring full integration within the region
- To provide leadership and clear line management support ensuring all audits, performance management and mandatory training are completed
- Work closely with other Heads of Service to ensure best practice is shared
- Create and maintain relationships with key Commissioners, Stakeholders and relevant organisations
- To maximise performance through ensuring effective management and recruitment and training of high quality staff, ensuring rostering meets business needs including seasonal variations
- To support the resource planning team and support teams to ensure resources are available at the right time
- Responsible for ensuring all services comply with CQC requirements
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of working within the NHS or private healthcare delivery
- Knowledge of working in Out of Hours/111/Urgent Care/Primary Care
- Experience of NHS procurement processes and preparation of high quality responses
- Managing successful rapid, significant change
- Hands on approach to management and leadership
If the role is of interest please send your CV to email@example.com