CHC Nurse Assessor - RGN
7 days left
- Job Type
CHC Nurse Assessor (RGN - Interim)
£300 - 320 per day
Harvey Nash have partnered exclusively with NHS organisation in the Buckinghamshire area to source an Interim CHC Nurse Assessor (RGN). As CHC Nurse Assessor you will play a crucial role within the organisation and take responsibility for the CHC patients within the community.
- To work within the NHS Continuing Healthcare team to support the Commissioning Coordinators and Operational Leads for NHS Continuing care (CHC) and Funded Nursing Care (FNC) to establish and maintain robust systems to implement current policy and guidance relating to CHC and FNC.
- To undertake CHC assessments in line with local policy and the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS Funded Nursing Care.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review packages of care and residential placements that enable patients to remain in a community setting.
- Support safeguarding and quality assurance in-line with CCG requirements.
The post holder will be expected to
- Have responsibility for the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of care-plans for a defined caseload of adults who have complex health needs.
- To work within the team to develop and influence services and processes for CHC, FNC and Fast Track patients.
- To undertake comprehensive health needs assessments for patients with complex health needs, by gathering, analysing and interpreting complex information.
- To undertake retrospective health needs assessments in order to provide evidence to support or dispute claims for retrospective funding for continuing health care.
- Ensure accurate and open communication and co-ordination with a range of organisations and individuals, including the social workers who support patient assessments.
- To appropriately alert/escalate any concerns regarding patient safety, the quality of care or safeguarding concerns.
- To ensure that care is accessed appropriately via Continuing Health Care, Fast Track or other routes, depending on eligibility for service(s) and support.
- To facilitate appropriate care and improve outcomes for Fast Track patients at end of life stage, in relation to preferred place for care.
- To liaise with referring staff and organisations regarding the assessment of people for Fast Track funding.
- The job description and person specification are an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. The job holder will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by their line manager.
- The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of the Department and the Organisation.
- Be a Registered Nurse within the UK with a current NMC Pin Registration
- Great communication and management skills
- The ability to work autonomously within a multidisciplinary team
- 1st level registration
- In-depth knowledge of CHC and FNC
- Deep understanding of patient needs and dealing with a sensitive manner
- Have access to a car
- Flexible approach to your working week covering Mon-Friday 9-5pm
You will need to adhere to the National Framework Standards. Some out of city work may be required whilst most assessments and reviews are completed in patient's homes and residential placements.
If you would like to apply for this role please submit your application below or if you would like more information then contact Liam Molesworth at Harvey Nash on 0121 717 email@example.com
Apply for CHC Nurse Assessor - RGN
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly