NICE Guidance and Clinical Quality Development Manager
I am recruiting for a NICE Guidance and Clinical Quality Development Manager for an interim 6 month assignment. This role is inside IR35, band 8a and 37.5 hours per week.
- Support and promote the Trust’s strategic vision and commitment to the delivery of services that are clinically effective, safe and put the needs of patients first. This will require the post holder to have a highly visible and proactive role across the Trust to ensure that corporate objectives are fully met through the clinical audit and clinical effectiveness processes;
- Lead on the ongoing development and implementation of the Trust’s Clinical Audit and Effectiveness Strategy, ensuring that clinical audit and the adoption of evidence based practices meet the needs of the overall organisational performance framework;
- This will be achieved by continually raising awareness of clinical effectiveness and evidence based practice, ensuring that clinical audit activities are prioritised and result in demonstrable improvements, providing expert advice and support to clinical staff and managers in quality improvement and demonstrating the impact of clinical audit and effectiveness on clinical outcomes and patient experience;
- Coordinate the Trust’s strategy for implementing guidance produced by the National Institute for Health & Clinical Excellence (NICE) and Quality Standards programme, ensuring that it is continually developed and appropriately involves other local healthcare provider agencies;
- Ensure that national clinical benchmark data and local performance data are integrated within all Divisional and sub-specialty clinical audit and quality improvement activities;
- To work with Divisions, clinicians and managers and support teams in integrating NICE guidance, Quality Standards and other examples of good practice and follow-up on compliance issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to convey highly complex and challenging information in a sensitive and tactful manner;
- Awareness of group dynamics and how to overcome barriers to change;
- Experience in policy development and its implementation across a range of service and specialist areas - Clinical Audit and Effectiveness, Education and development programmes.