Band 6 CHC Nurse Assessor
Temp to Perm Contract.
My client is committed to delivering the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS Funded Nursing Care (NF) for all eligible residents and this position is crucial in the full delivery of this commissioning function.
The post holder will:-
• Be an integral member of the NHS Continuing and NHS Funded Nursing care team
• Be responsible for completion of timely and comprehensive assessment, applying the principles of the NF.
• Complete the assessment tools from the NF, in conjunction with individual /family and
• Multidisciplinary Team (MDT)
• Case manage NHS Continuing Healthcare (NHS CHC) funded clients
• Review and reassess clients’ eligibility for NHS CHC and FNC
• Review the CHC and FNC service and care commissioned in regards to quality and appropriateness to client need
• Complete retrospective CHC reviews as required
• Present CHC cases at both local MDT CHC meetings and local CHC Review panel
• Participate in case conferences as required. Ensure accurate minutes and record of meetings are kept and distributed as appropriate
• Participate in Best Interest meetings as necessary
• Ensure accurate and open communication and co-ordination with a range of organisations and individuals
• Be a key member of the team as well as supporting effective communication and stakeholder management, both internally and externally