Executive Director of Finance
Excellent opportunity for significant impact in an innovative, highly integrated NHS Trust
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust is a c.£200m integrated provider of acute, community and social care services that operates a small sized district general hospital, five community hospitals and locally based social care teams operating across a large part of the Devon region. The Trust has a track record of strong operational and financial performance and has consistently high staff survey results. We are innovative, collaborative and embrace change, as typified by our pioneering move into the domiciliary care market – a first for a NHS Trust, as we look to truly integrate our services.
We are now seeking to appoint our Executive Director of Finance. Reporting to the Chief Executive as a member of our Board, your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading an experienced and committed team to deliver first class financial services
- Developing our financial strategy, working with our Board and staff to identify, plan and secure new opportunities to deliver high quality integrated healthcare services
- Representing the Trust to our external stakeholders and partners, building strong and collegiate relationships across the local healthcare system
- Providing robust financial advice, information and assurance to our Board, commissioners and regulators
- Playing a full role as a visible corporate leader within the Trust, championing excellent patient care and supporting our staff
To succeed, you will be a qualified accountant with significant financial leadership experience gained within a complex operating environment. You will need a positive, enabling approach that reflects our culture of innovation and transformation, whilst also bringing commercial discipline, constructive challenge and technical rigour. You’ll need the ability to switch easily between the operational and the strategic, handle ambiguity and provide clarity of thought while under pressure and scrutiny. Experience within the NHS is desirable but we would also consider applicants from wider backgrounds who can demonstrate they bring transferrable skills.
Whilst we would naturally welcome interest from existing board-level candidates, we also recognise that this might be a great opportunity for a strong deputy to step up into their first executive post and we would provide support to capable individuals to facilitate this transition.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and well-run Trust operating in a beautiful part of the country and play a key role in an exciting regional transformation focussed on developing new ways of working to create a more resilient and patient-centric healthcare system.
For further information or to apply, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law Executive Search by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 0207 747 4943. Closing Date for applications will be 12pm on Wednesday 20th December.