Matron Band 8a - Surgery
A leading NHS organisation is looking to appoint an experienced Senior Nurse to operationally surgcial wards.
- Responsible for leading the ward/department team, co-ordinating the delivery of patient care within the clinical environment;
- Through clinical leadership, knowledge of the Trust’s core values and utilisation of effective management skills will ensure that the ward/department team is informed, trained and developed to enable care to be delivered to patients;
- Achieved through appropriate deployment and supervision of staff, and practice and professional development;
- This role will operate within the clinical governance framework of the organisation and will work in a collaborative approach with the multidisciplinary team in the interests of developing and promoting high quality patient care;
- As a clinical leader all activities provide the opportunities for acting as a role model for staff;
- Maintain professional and courteous working relationships with staff and respect the equality and diversity of each and every person he/she comes into contact with in the course of his/her business;
- Providing clear direction and leadership for nurses with regard to legal, ethical and professional dimensions or care;
- Promoting an organisational philosophy and structure philosophy which enables appropriate delegation of authority to all levels and encourages staff to take up development opportunities, within existing or new roles.
- Registered Nurse (adult) evidence of ongoing professional development;
- Managerial experience at senior Band 7/Band 8a in an acute setting, preferably surgery.
Apply for Matron Band 8a - Surgery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly