Managing Medical Director
The new legal entity representing the Joint Working of Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and Royal College of Physicians of London is seeking to fill the vacancy of the role, Managing Medical Director, which reports into the Chair of the Federation Board.
This entity will co-create and deliver:
- the MRCP(UK) Diploma Examinations, the PACES practical examination and Specialty Certificate Examinations (SCE’S)
- the Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board (JRCPTB) which is responsible for managing the Colleges’ role in the regulation of specialist training in the UK
- the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Policy and Diary for Physicians
The Managing Medical Director (MMD) is responsible for the clinical input to the strategic direction and delivery of the objectives agreed by Federation Board, as well as the leadership of the clinical working staff within the Federation through collaborative working with the Board of Federation and the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- works collaboratively with the COO to generate the strategic leadership required to deliver a successful service;
- chairs academic and clinical boards/committees
- development of clinical policy and monitor research activity of Federation;
- develops and presents new opportunities appropriate to the agreed strategic direction of the company jointly with the COO;
- provides input into integrated business planning and budgeting processes;
Key skills and experience
- A Fellow of one of the 3 Colleges of Physicians
- Have a significant understanding of training, assessment and continuing professional development.
- Proven experience of management or leadership responsibility in a clinical environment.
- An understanding of the regulatory framework for medicine in the UK.
- Creative approach to problem solving and ability to understand, analyse and interpret complex information.
For more information about the role please view the job description and person specification. To apply for this opportunity please submit your covering letter and CV by clicking the Apply Now button below.
Closing Date: 31st January 2018
Interview Date: 14th March 2018