Band 6 Duty Desk Nurse Assessor
- To review all fast track referrals and ensure that there is supporting evidence with a robust care plan to meet the needs of the patient.
- To liaise and update a number of professionals and families who refer into Continuing Health Care to ensure the needs of the patient are met.
- Be able to review care plans to ensure that it continues to meet the patients’ needs whilst meeting a high standard of quality and safety.
- To review any safeguarding referrals and ensure that appropriate steps are taken with providers against guidance from the local Authority safeguarding team.
- To support the Commissioning Manager to develop specification and recommendation for packages of care. Implement, monitor and review packages of care and nursing home placements.
- Review NHS Continuing Healthcare checklists, Funded Nursing Care Assessments and liaise with the Continuing Health Care team to facilitate a full Multi Disciplinary NHS Continuing Healthcare assessment in line with current policy and guidance based on the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and Funding Nursing Care.
- Have an understanding of all the National Continuing Health care tools and the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare, Personal Health Budgets and Funding Nursing Care so that advice can be given to referrers and families.
- Contribute to the training and development of all staff regarding policy and guidance around NHS Continuing Healthcare and Funding Nursing Care.
- The post holder will primarily work from the office supporting the Continuing Health Care team in the CCG office at Hemel 1 Boundary way. Specific context of the role
- To support the Team Leaders in developing systems and processes for the implementation of NHS Continuing Healthcare and the Funded Nursing Care policy.
- To work autonomously in managing the duty desk caseload of patients as directed and to accept case coordinator responsibilities where appropriate