CHC Nurse Manager
I am recruiting for an interim CHC Nurse Manager for an NHS organisation based in the South East.
- Support the CHC Team Leader in developing and implementing strategies for NHS Continuing Healthcare and fast track reviews in line with national and organisational policy, including facilitating the change Management activity required;
- Utilise expert knowledge and experience to liaise with and provide highly specialist advice and support to colleagues;
- Develop a range of appropriate methods which facilitate the development of effective working relationships and involvement of key stakeholders including health professionals, patients and the public when making decisions regarding eligibility;
- Work with the Team Leader to manage the market to ensure choice, innovation and improvement for patients and service users when placing and procuring care packages;
- Work in collaboration with the Patient Advisory Liaison Service and other relevant organisations (e.g. Age Concern, Alzheimer’s Society, Catalyst Trust) to canvass the views of clients, and use this information to develop services according to Framework guidance and organisational policy;
- To develop and maintain systems and processes that build on the work of the CHC team;
- Provide expert advice on the interpretation and application of the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and the Fast Track Pathway;
- Maintain an awareness of legislation and changes to policy guidance affecting NHS Continuing Healthcare and Fast Track process;
- Commission individual care packages for end of life care patients and their families, that are closely tailored to meet specific individual needs;
- Provide advice and support to other team members, patients and carers empowering patients to be involved in decisions regarding their care.
- Current 1st Level Registered General Nurse/NMC Registration;
- Specialist knowledge/training in management of the fast track pathway/CHC Framework and tools;
- Experience of successfully managing budgets and efficiency programmes;
- Highly developed written communication skills including report writing skills with good analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex data, with the ability to research and analyse complex financial and non-financial information.