Interim Head of Finance
GatenbySanderson are working with a trust in South Wales to provide and interim Head of Finance whilst the trust recruits substantively. Principle duties will include;
- Be a key business partner to the Division’s directorates providing both financial and business support in the development and implementation of their integrated medium term plans covering services changes, workforce plans, demand and capacity plans and finance.
- Support the Division’s directorates in formulating their strategic objectives, undertaking detailed analysis to identify opportunities and root causes of problems to help them make informed decisions based on highly complex and contentious information.
- Provide financial leadership and strategic and operational financial management advice to the directorates within the Division to include the development of directorate business cases and complex service and financial models.
- Take a lead role in reporting and reviewing the financial performance of budget holders within the Division’s portfolio of directorates, including being the key finance lead for clinical business meetings.
- Provide a full range of professional financial advice, support and information for the activities of the Division’s directorates to enable effective and proactive budget management.
- Test business case proposals/option appraisals against long term strategic aims. Ensure business cases represent value for money, and the financial aspects of service developments are accurately assessed and understood.
- Responsible for the production , interpretation and communication of all budgetary reports, forecasts and monitoring information to budget holders within the Division’s portfolio.
- Educated to Master’s degree level or relevant equivalent practical experience
- CCAB Professionally qualified accountant
- Specialist in-depth knowledge and undertaking of: NHS Finance regime, NHS legislation and finance policies, NHS Current Developments & Strategies, Relevant WAG guidance
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further then please contact Adam Elliott on email@example.com