Discharge Process Specialist
I am recruiting for an interim Discharge Process Specialist for an NHS organisation based in the North West.
- Identifying complex discharges and managing their timely discharge from the Trust;
- Establishing patient pathways between primary, community, intermediate and secondary care services, to expedite timely discharge and improve patient flow throughout the Trust;
- Be a specialist link between the Trust and key stake holders in order to promote collaborative working and provide a seamless service for patients;
- In conjunction with the multi–disciplinary team, ensure that patients with complex needs have an individualised discharge plan of care that is relevant to their needs in the community;
- Be responsible for the continued development and promotion of a patient focused discharge process for complex discharges within the Trust;
- Advise and support all grades of staff and managers across the Trust in identifying issues relating to the effective discharge of patients from hospital, concentrating on complex discharges;
- Provide education and training to all staff on complex discharge planning;
- Maintain a professional profile and develop skills, knowledge and competencies adhering to NMC code of professional conduct and Trust policies and procedures;
- Identify and manage patients whose discharge needs are complex and fall outside the criteria of simple discharges;
- Ensure that appropriate and effective communication mechanisms are in place between the ward team, the multi-disciplinary team, patients and their carers to ensure a seamless discharge process to health and social care providers;
- To advise patients, relatives and staff on the current availability of both health and social care services in the community;
- Provide specialist knowledge and advice to the organisation on all aspects of discharge planning.
- Registered Nurse with current registration;
- Experience of leading and influencing others to ensure practice decisions are supported by research and evidence based practice is sought through literature and peer review;
- In depth and developed knowledge and expertise of current legislation and guidelines pertaining to discharge planning in health and social care to ensure the appropriate management of individual patient needs;
- Knowledge of reporting and discussing delayed transfers of care with Social Services and providing information to allow agreement on reimbursement costs.
Apply for Discharge Process Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly