Interim Divisional Lead - Operational Support Services
Our client an NHS Trust in the South East of England is looking to appoint an Interim Divisional Lead – Operational Support Services for 6 months in the first instance. This role will be at interim contractor rates under the CCS NMNC Framework.
- Responsible for the clinical, operational, financial and performance management of the Division for Operational Support Services which includes the following departments and more: Outpatient Appointments and Elective Waiting Times Targets, Clinical Coding, Private Patient Unit, Contracts, Department of Medical Secretariat, Medical Records.
- The Divisional Lead for Operational Support Services is a key member of the senior management team at the Trust and contributes towards the strategic direction and implementation and delivery of the organisation’s business objectives.
- The Divisional Lead proactively manages the departments providing support, guidance and direction in pursuit of optimal effectiveness in both clinical and financial outcomes. This includes the monitoring and achievement of all training and development needs, setting and agreeing of all key performance indicators and audit requirements
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Hold a Management or Recognised Leadership Qualification (Eg. Masters Level Qualification in relevant field or MBA accreditation)
- Have experience in a health care field, at least two of which must be at a senior management level in an acute hospital
- Understand the impact of analysis and option appraisals for new services, risk assessments and clinical pathways
- Have substantial project management experience
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of managing staff and working with teams
- Have previous contract negotiation experience.