I am recruiting for an interim band 8a Matron for an NHS organisation based in London. This is for either a fixed term contract or interim assignment for 12 months.
- Perform as the leader of the nursing team and be a professional role model, mentor and coach;
- Responsibility for the provision of clinical care and standards on the ward and coordinating and make effective use of staff, supervise staff and ensure training is maintained;
- Ensure adequate staffing levels and provide clinical leadership for staff;
- Ensure cost effective use of resources;
- Practice according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct;
- Assess care needs for patients, planning, implementing and evaluating care for individual patients;
- Discuss with patients/ carers and relatives any problems or changes relating to planned care and treatment;
- Participate and facilitate in the promotion of patient education and health promotion;
- Act as team leader and named nurse for patients;
- Ensure that all patient documentation is accurate and comprehensive;
- Maintain good communication with all health care staff and ensure prescribed treatment is carried out.
- Registered General Nurse with current registration;
- Experience of working in close collaboration with clinicians to set and maintain local standards within a ward and Trust.