Assistant Director for Adult Social Care
Harvey Nash Healthcare are supporting a London Borough Council in there recruitment for an Interim Assistant Director for Adult Social Care for an initial period of 6 months with a view to extend, with a daily rate of between £575-650 depending on experience on offer.
The role will support the Director of Adult Social Care in providing management support to daily activities, and to manage many of the day to day operational activities and to deputise at Health Boards aimed at improving the residents experience. The role will allow the Director of Adult Social Care to respond and lead the change agenda facing the Borough during a period of significant change.
The position will require a good understanding and proven experience of leading Adult Social Care operations (including safeguarding and mental health) within complex organisation arrangements and preferably during a period of change.
In addition to the above the post-holder will be responsible for:
- Working in close partnership with all health providers to deliver the joined-up care for targeted groups or residents including older / disabled people with multiple long-term conditions, people with learning disabilities and people with mental health issues.
- To deliver the support and care in a way that maximises customers' natural networks in the community and avoids formal care settings wherever possible and appropriate.
- To lead and manage teams so that they are high performing and deliver excellent levels of customer care and business skills.
- To secure and sustain the necessary changes to culture and practice so that services continue to deliver compassionate care, improve outcomes for all and are organised around the needs of the resident. If necessary targeting improvements in specific service areas to reach to required standards.
In addition to the above the post-holder will also have line management responsibility for:
- Professional Lead Mental Health Social Worker
- Safeguarding Manager
- Head of Care and Assessment
- Provided Services Service Manager
This role is for an initial period of 6 months with a strong chance of extension beyond the initial contract, with a competitive daily rate of £575-650 per day available depending on experience.
Deadline for CV submissions is the 28th of December with a start date of the 2nd of January.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail or request a full job description please apply for the role or feel free to contact Kieran Slaney on 07977 220044 or on e-mail: email@example.com.
Due to the tight deadline for the role I will be taking calls and answering e-mails over the festive period so please do get in touch if you would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail.