Associate Clinical Lead - Children's CHC Commissioning
A large NHS organisation is currently looking to appoint an Associate Clinical Lead who holds extensive experience in Children's Commissioning (Nursing). This role is within IR35 scope and is likely to be for a period of 6 months initially.
- Oversight and development of the Children and Young People’s Continuing Care process to ensure that the eligible Southampton City population receive care packages in the most appropriate setting to meet the requirements for the child;
- Work with the health, social care professional and education professionals to ensure children’s continuing care assessments are completed in a timely manner to establish whether the individual meets the national criteria for Continuing Care;
- Undertake eligibility reviews with health, social care and education professionals involved of children who are in receipt of Continuing Care;
- Monitoring and providing assurance on the quality of service providers for Children and Young People’s Continuing Care, this includes placements and domiciliary care services;
- Advising commissioners on clinical needs and best practice in relation to services for children with complex health needs and providing clinical input to all parts of the commissioning process;
- As appropriate, participate in clinical reviews and audits as part of the commissioning process;
- Work closely with provider agencies, children’s services, families, social services and education to ensure that appropriate information with regards to eligibility for Continuing Health Care funding as an adult is made available to ensure that decisions are made about eligibility in a timely manner;
- Ensure a robust personal health budget process is developed for Children whose relative would like to be in receipt of a personal health budget and ensure that the processes laid down for provision of Personal Health budgets are followed in children’s continuing care;
- Candidate must hold a current registration to the NMC as a Children's Nurse or QSW specialist within Children's;
- Must have over three years equivalent paediatric community nursing experience/QSW children’s specialist experience;
- Must have worked within CHC previously and this must be demonstrated on CV.