Finance & Contracts Manager
Morgan Hunt's healthcare client is looking for a Finance & Contracts Manager to join them on an interim basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for business development, contractual and performance management functions within the organisation. The organisation is still being established so the project is establishing a company and ensuring the governance is embedded.
The post holder will also be responsible for the monthly preparation of income and expenditure statements and forecasts as well as providing the Executive Management team and Board of Directors with information on finances and any associated risks.
The contract management portfolio of the role is that relating the procurement, negotiation and contract management of services and supplies.
* Be responsible for the monitoring of contract performance and liaison with commissioners, service leads and other providers.
* Ensure that at monthly intervals, the performance and finance is reported to the Executive Management team.
* Lead in the development; implementation and monitoring of the organisations financial plans and advise the organisation on the appropriateness and robustness of such plans.
* Support and contribute to the operational planning for the wider health community by working collaboratively with health and social care partners.
* Develop and maintain a contract information system that tracks contract documentation to ensure it is up to date, and that all master copies are held centrally, and are accessible to appropriate personnel
* Carry out financial feasibility and risk analysis studies on new initiatives, projects and schemes to ensure value for money.
* Prepare reports as required to the Board of Directors on financial performance and risk, proposing strategies to meet key performance indicators and ensure financial viability of the Company.
* The post-holder will be required to use highly developed oral and written communication skills to discuss highly complex and sensitive information with other senior managers as well as personnel external to the organisation.
* Responsible for providing advice to senior members ensuring commitment of resources is within the budget limits set by the Board.
* Support the implementation, development and monitoring of appropriate financial policies, SFIs, regulations, procedures and controls and ensure these are complied with.
* In conjunction with the operational managers, ensure that contracts are monitored and variances are understood
* Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and colleagues to analyse performance and produce regular brief reports
* To work in conjunction with others to undertake capacity planning, including demand and capacity modelling. This will include the analysis and interpretation of complex data
* The post-holder will be required to analyse, interpret and present qualitative and quantitative data to highlight issues, risks to support decision making.
- CCAB or CIMA member
- Direct work experience in a senior finance position.
- Experience in business planning
- Experience in producing reports for senior management
- Experience in contracting
- An understanding of NHS commissioning
- Broad knowledge of NHS Policies, legislative and Accounting requirements and NHS Account and returns.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of commissioning and contracting processes.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Finance & Contracts Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly