I am recruiting for an interim Care Manager to participate in the effective delivery of a high quality care management service to adults and their carers.
- To work with colleagues in accepting referrals, carrying out assessments and ensuring that appropriate advice and information is given to clients and their carers;
- Design and implement care plans to meet the needs of clients and carers, within the Department’s stated Eligibility Criteria;
- Be able to identify the more complex assessments of need, and to refer these for advice to your Team Manager. To understand the concept of risk assessment and operate this at a basic level;
- To cost, negotiate and purchase packages of care or residential placements, as appropriate to client needs, and within the Department’s available resources;
- Ensure that packages and placements are monitored and reviewed in line with agreed Departmental procedures;
- Work in close co-operation with colleagues in the local health care team, voluntary and private sector in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients and carers;
- Communicate effectively with clients and colleagues to maintain written and electronic records in accordance with departmental policies and be aware of the Department’s Access to Records policies;
- Offer particular support and guidance to individuals at a time of loss and bereavement within the overall care management role;
- Have the ability to understand the needs of a multi-racial society and be prepared to implement the Equal Opportunities Policy at a level appropriate to the job.
- An understanding of the key stages of working with individuals who are experiencing loss and bereavement;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- An understanding of the emotional and physical impact of illness/disability on individuals and their families;
- Good team working skills;
- An understanding of the importance of monitoring and regular reviewing of service provision;
- A commitment to involve clients, carers, service providers, and all relevant persons, in the monitoring and reviewing process.