I am recruiting for an interim Quality Manager for an organisation based in the West Midlands. This role is outside IR35.
- Drive forward quality improvement and patient safety activities across all commissioned and partner services, working closely with the Clinical Lead;
- Lead quality improvement projects and demonstrate improved outcomes for patients;
- Work with the team to develop and implement quality metrics and support the development of quality indicators including CQUINS within all commissioned services;
- Work with lead providers and commissioners to support and influence contracts, service level agreements and the clinical quality measures and Patient Outcomes developed;
- Support the Clinical Lead on all matters of contract quality assurance and work with the wider team to undertake service reviews, appreciative enquiry visits and other quality improvement projects where quality and patient safety are the focus of the review;
- Liaise with internal and external staff, team and organisations in matters relating to quality and patient safety;
- Be responsible for quality performance management of a portfolio of providers and analyse and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data in order to arrive at judgments on performance and the scale and scope of any necessary improvement action;
- Ensure provider compliance with Serious Incident and Never Event reporting and management including ensuring compliance with the required reporting timescales, trend analysis, review of root cause analysis reports and monitoring for evidence of shared learning.
- Clinical qualification and current registration with relevant professional body;
- Experience of recent working in a commissioning or contract monitoring environment;
- Working in a clinical governance or quality improvement type role using project management and leadership to drive quality improvements;
- Clinical quality development and the use of performance indicators/metrics to monitor, analyse and report on the quality aspects of key contracts;
- Worked with a range of providers e.g. prisons, independent contractors, nursing homes;
- Experience of producing high level reports and presenting these at key committees;
- Good awareness and understanding of national policy development on clinical governance, clinical quality, patient safety and quality improvement;
- Good basic knowledge of the regulatory framework and the role of regulators (CQC, Monitor etc) and associated health policy.