Interim Adults Safeguarding Nurse/Trainer
A large NHS organisation is currently recruiting a short term post to assist the specialist team with training for Adults Safeguarding. The role is to cover until the permanent person starts within the organisation which should happen toward the end of February. The role is outside of IR35 scope.
- Work as a senior specialist member of the safeguarding team, focused on training the wider team within the organisation, must have worked within Safeguarding Adults;
- Holds specialist knowledge and significant expertise will be required to ensure best practice is in place with the adults;
- Provide expert advice and/or clinical information to partners such as during Police investigations; to work with other specialist practitioners across the organisation and to make a significant contribution to the safeguarding policy;
- Provide clinical supervision to members of the safeguarding team and other colleagues; to support and supervise individual staff who may be working on complex cases or requiring specialist advice linked to adult protection;
- Ensure that robust safeguarding approaches are followed at all times, particularly when there are highly sensitive or emotive issues requiring resolution;
- Lead on adult practice review processes, and will contribute to learning events linked to specialism;
- You will need a strong grasp of clinical and safeguarding risks associated with Adults and the associated legislative requirements associated with the Mental health and Capacity Acts;
- Will have a significant role to play in developing services; working on a range of safeguarding compliance audits, and with clinical colleagues across all services and specialties to ensure those vulnerable and at risk and who require protection from harm benefit from optimal care from the organisation;
- RN nursing qualification and substantive experience of working in adult services;
- Strong understanding of safeguarding and the need to protect vulnerable ‘at risk’ individuals from a wide range of harm;
- Experience in proactively and positively working collaboratively with others.