Interim Head of Nursing and Quality
I am recruiting for an interim Head of Nursing and Quality – Surgery - for a 3 month assignment which is inside IR35.
- Be a key member of the management team and be responsible for the delivery of quality care and professional nursing standards and the development of nursing leadership capacity;
- Be a highly visible, proactive and accessible leader, acting as an expert nursing and quality resource and ensuring the sustained delivery of high standards of nursing care and service delivery to nursing staff, patients and the public;
- Contribute to the strategic direction and implementation of the corporate objectives;
- Provide nursing leadership to the matrons and clinical nurse specialists providing support, guidance and direction to achieve optimal effectiveness, the quality agenda and clinical and financial outcomes;
- Play a lead role ensuring the governance structure and processes are in place, that appropriate risk management - including incident review management and shared learning - takes place and that assurance of quality are provided;
- Advise the Assistant Director of Operations and management team on issues of professional and service developments and identify the nursing implications of these;
- Provide a high clinical profile through regular “walk rounds” of clinical areas and through regular quality ward rounds and clinical working as agreed with the Assistant Director of Operations;
- To implement systems which facilitate the increased clinical profile and contribution to the quality and nursing agenda of the whole senior nursing and CNS team;
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Governance and SMT to develop and operationalise an integrated strategy for governance, with a specific focus on all aspects of clinical and non-clinical risk management.
- Registered Nurse;
- Minimum of 3 years management experience at band 8a level in an acute NHS organisation;
- Demonstrable experience of effective change management resulting in improved outcomes;
- Experience of implementation of a range of quality and clinical governance initiatives to develop practice;
- Knowledge of issues within nursing, the quality agenda and the current NHS agenda.