Interim Company Secretary
Harvey Nash Healthcare are delighted to be partnered with an acute provider in one of the London boroughs who have approached us to identify an Interim Company Secretary for an initial period of 3 months.
As with most NHS Organisations, the role of Company Secretary is a pivotal one within the Trust. The post holder acts as the principal advisor to the Board and the organisation as a whole on all aspects of corporate governance, ensuring the highest standards of probity. The Interim Company Secretary will promote and help sustain these standards by:
- Keeping under review policy, legislative, regulatory and governance developments that impact on the Trust’s activities and ensuring that the Board is appropriately briefed on them;
- Winning the confidence of the Board – acting as ‘wise counsel’ providing a confidential sounding board to the Chair and individual Board Members on all aspects of Board business including issues of concern;
- Guiding the Board in the responsible and effective conduct of its role, providing, where appropriate, a discreet, independent and challenging voice in relation to Board deliberations and decision-making.
- Ensuring that in all its dealings, the Board acts fairly, with integrity, and without prejudice or discrimination and;
- Contributing to the development of an organisational culture that embodies the Nolan principles and NHS Values and standards of behaviour;
- Participating in partnership and other networking arrangements that require a governance input.
- Line Management of the Executive Personal Assistants
To be successful in this Interim role you will be an experienced Interim Co Sec and will have a demonstrable track record of taking on the role in an NHS Organisation previously (probably on a number of occasions!) - you will be used to being accountable to/having strong working relationships with both Chair and Chief Executive and you will also be comfortable operating alongside Trust Board, Exec Teams, NHS Improvement and the DH.
This post is also responsible to the Director of Strategic Development who is keen to hear from suitably qualified Interim as soon as possible. If you have any questions please call Sam Alsop-Hall at Harvey Nash anytime on 07970397858 and apply without delay – I have a further JD which can be sent to interested parties.