I am recruiting for a Unit Manager to be responsible for all aspects of the management of the unit(s) i.e. allocated budgets, staffing, quality, maintenance, Health and Safety, fire, and equipment in accordance with statutory and Trust guidelines.
- To liaise with all professionals, statutory and voluntary agencies working with people with a Learning Disability who have specialist health needs, including social care and health care providers, community nursing teams and the care quality commission;
- Be responsible for providing written and oral reports to the Assistant General Manager on issues which relate to service user care and safety, staff health and safety and any deficiencies in service provision;
- To be responsible for written or oral referrals to other agencies relating to service user care including adult protection;
- Provide advice, instruction and in-situ training to all junior staff on a daily and planned basis relating to service user care, activities, risk management, management of service users’ monies and general safety of the environment and the community at large;
- Ensure that all duties allocated to staff are clearly and adequately defined;
- Liaise with support services to ensure the timely and adequate maintenance of the fabric of the building and equipment and facilities contained therein;
- To be responsible for ensuring inter-professional meetings take place and lead the meeting;
- Provide the Service Manager with regular reports as required;
- To ensure the property of the unit and service users is well maintained and up to date inventories are kept;
- Arrange and hold regular staff meetings for the staff from the clinical areas.
- Ensure timely and appropriate debrief support is provided to staff and service users following an untoward or distressing incident.
- Work within all agreed Trust clinical standards and quality outcomes;
- Be responsible for student nurse placements in the unit;
- Participate in audits both within own area and other bedded areas provided by the Learning Disabilities Service.
- A clinician with experience of making clinical assessments and personal judgements on a daily basis relating to staffing levels for the service, taking into account service user needs and risk assessments;
- Experience of managing admission and discharge.