Practicus is partnering with a medium sized award winning financial services organisation. They are undertaking a number of change programmes at this moment and are ensuring that the technology available to the business is fit for purpose. This is a 6 month contract role paying c£450 per day + VAT.
This role sits within the Software Development team within the IT department.
This team contributes to the overall success of the business by facilitating the implementation and maintenance of robust technical solutions in the form of business applications, scripts and web-interface functionality.
Tasks that are specific to our business and involve a significant degree of manual processing, complexity, or require technical integration with other areas of the business can be facilitated by the creation of automated solutions.
In addition to this, Software Applications are used to maintain robustness and security for business-as-usual processes that directly or indirectly rely upon Applications.
Within the Software Development team, Software Developers work under the guidance of the Technical Team Leader to analyse and other Senior team members, they contribute to the design and implementation technical solutions.
- Software Developers are responsible for the fulfilling programmatic solutions to defined components, tasks and applications under the guidance of the Team Leader.
- They are required to contribute to the analysis of requirements, creation of designs and implementation of functionality allocated by the Team Leader in order to fulfil the priorities given to the team as a whole.
- Software Developers will work on various components, often shared amongst several projects, and also - where appropriate - be responsible for the design and implementation of complete systems.
- 5+ years software development experience
- Ruby ( 3+ years recent experience )
- Strong Oracle SQL skills.
- Linux + BASH
- Necessary skills to perform all of the key responsibilities mentioned in the previous section.
- Angular4, related front end technologies
If you are interested and available then please contact Sam Young at Practicus via the APPLY NOW button in the first instance with an updated CV.