Senior Category Manager - FTC
Harvey Nash Healthcare are supporting a Yorkshire based NHS organisation seeking a Senior Category manager to join their organisation on a fixed term contract for a initial period of 12 months.
The reason for the requirement is due to maternity cover and internal re-shuffles which has resulted in a gap within the organisations structure in the I.T Category.
The role will be accountable to the Head of Corporate Procurement and will be responsible for I.T procurement. The role is a Band 7, fixed term contract and is offering a salary in line with the Band 7 NHS agenda for change banding.
The purpose of the role will include:
- To take responsibility for negotiating high-value tenders and contracts for goods and services, achieving the most economically advantageous outcomes for the Trust
- To develop strategies to meet the procurement needs of specialist product/service categories and the Trusts as a whole
- To operate effective information systems to ensure accessibility of data that adds value to decision making.
- To achieve savings targets in line with the Trusts formal Savings Plans
Suitable candidates will have experience within:
- Previous Healthcare (preferably NHS) background and experience
- I.T Procurement
- Contract Management
- Experience of managing a team
Benefits of the role include:
- 27 Days Holiday plus 8 Bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangement (allowing worker to manage their working day starting earlier and finishing earlier / later)
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail please contact Kieran Slaney on 0121 717 1910.