Interim Clinical Project Manager - Discharge and Patient Flow
Morgan Hunt's NHS client is looking to recruit for Interim Clinical Project Manager - Discharge and Patient Flow for 6 months.
The successful candidate will work directly with the discharge teams (in acute units) and community and social care teams to proactively ensure the management of patients being discharged from acute services into community or social care provision. Ensuring that discharges from the services for individual patients are managed in an integrated way and provide a fast and efficient pathway for each individual patient. They will assess and identify issues within the patient pathways, across our Step Up Step Down community beds, and between the continuing healthcare, community and social care support services - providing recommendations on change, and implementing the same with the parties on behalf of the Director of Commissioning.
- To provide senior strategic leadership for the discharge of residents from acute Trusts
- To monitor and ensure a responsive service (across the range of support services for discharge) for complex discharge patients from acute Trusts. To ensure that patients receive safe and effective discharge care from the range of providers (community, social care, continuing healthcare) to meet their individual care needs in a timely manner.
- To ensure that discharge assessments are completed in an effective and time manner.
- To identify within the current systems and processes "blockages" that are preventing effective discharge and to provide recommendations on solutions by provider to the Director of Commissioning. To implement with providers any recommendations agreed and ensure timely service change.
- To monitor the performance and average length of stay for our Step Up Step Down beds, liaising with senior clinicians and making recommendations for change. In addition to develop daily SITREPs for SUSD beds to provide RfD and patient projections. To review and develop KPIs for this service in liaison with the CCG's contracting and commissioning teams.
- To work closely with our neighbouring CCG Discharge Flow Teams and working on shared solutions.
- To monitor daily Ready for Discharge (RfD activity) and provide reports
Must hold current RGN qualification
- In depth knowledge of Intermediate Care and Continuing Health Care
- In depth knowledge of availability of community based care facilities and services
- Management of the health and wellbeing needs of the older people
- Working knowledge of complex health and social care assessments including fast tracking and end of life care
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Interim Clinical Project Manager - Discharge and Patient Flow
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly