Interim Trust Board Secretary
Our client an NHS Trust in the West of England is looking to appoint an Interim Trust Secretary for 3 months in the first instance. This role will be at interim contractor rates under the CCS NMNC Framework at interim Band 9.
- The Trust Board Secretary will work closely with the Chairman and the Chief Executive and the Board of Directors to ensure that the Trust has in place sound integrated governance policies, procedures and structures and that it complies with all of its legal, constitutional and regulatory requirements.
- The post holder will play a key co-ordinating role within the Trust and use their initiative to identify opportunities to support and streamline the work of the Council of Governors, the Board of Directors and its Committees.
- The post holder will manage the interface between management and corporate governance arrangements of the Trust and ensure a high standard of reporting, decision-making, risk management and assurance is achieved.
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the effective functioning of the Chief Executive’s Office and for undertaking specific project work, on behalf of the Chief Executive.
- Provide comprehensive advice and support on legal matters, matters of procedure, regulatory frameworks and corporate governance to the Board of Directors, Council of Governors and their sub committees.
- Provide independent advice and support to the Chief Executive, Chairman and Council of Governors on all matters relating to statutory and legislative compliance and interpretation.
- Support the Chair in arranging and delivering Director and Governor induction and development programmes where appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective meeting arrangements of the Board of Directors, the Council of Governors and their sub committees, including managing committee intercommunication and forward agenda planning.
- Prepare reports for the Board of Directors and Council of Governors and present these where appropriate to do so. This may require communicating, influencing and negotiating at the highest level to ensure that proposals are adopted and implemented.
- When requested by the Chair and Chief Executive, be responsible for preparing briefings for Ministers, MPs, and other key stakeholders.
Apply for Interim Trust Board Secretary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly